A cold water activated cooling wallet from Australian brand Glucology. Keep your insulin pens safe and cool for up to 36 hours without a fridge.
JUST IMMERSE IN WATER
Unlike other insulin pen cooler bags that require you to prepare ice packs or batteries, the Glucology insulin cooler pouch only needs to be immersed in cold water to be activated.
KEEPS YOUR INSULIN SAFE
After activation, Glucology Duo Pen cooler pouch is designed to keep your insulin cool at the optimum safe temperature of 18°C-26°C for up to 36 hours at a time, making it an ideal accessory for travel.
REUSABLE WHENEVER NEEDED
If you need to extend the insulating effects of our travel pouch, just reactivate the bag by immersing it again in cold water to keep your insulin cool for another 36 hours.
LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT DESIGN
This portable cooler pouch fits nicely in your backpack. Given its travel-friendly size, the Duo Pen travel pouch can easily fit 2 standard-sized injection pens at a time.
YOUR GLUCOLOGY DUO PEN POUCH HOLDS
2x standard sized injection pens (pre-filled disposable or refillable)
1x standard sized injection pen plus 2 x 3 ml cartridges
DIMENSIONS OF INNER COOLING POUCH
193mm (Long) x 84mm (Wide)
Outer cover and Inner pouch made up of polycotton with panels containing crystals (non-toxic and non-flammable).
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Immerse the inner pouch containing the crystals in cold water to soak the Glucology Pen Pouch for 8-10 minutes.
2. While soaking, make sure the crystals are spread evenly inside the pouch.
3. Remove pouch from soaking water. Place on a flat surface and allow to drain for 5 minutes.
4. Gently dry the cooler bag using tissues or a towel.
5. When mostly dry, place the medication in the cooler bag and the activated pouch in the outer cover of the cooler bag.
6. For continuous safe storage, the pouch should be re-immersed in water every 36 hours or sooner if the quantity of gel reduces and it starts returning to its crystal form.
7. When in continuous use, 2-3 minutes of immersion in water will be sufficient, depending on the size of the pouch.
8. If not used continuously, store your Glucology Duo Pen Pouch in a cool dry place until next time you need it.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
When not in use, remove the inner pouch from the outer cover and allow to dry out naturally until the gel returns to its crystal form. To keep the crystals separate, gently shake the pouch when drying. The drying period can take 2-4 weeks depending on the size of the bag and the climate.
Insulin must be at the manufacturer’s recommended temperature before being placed in the Glucology Cooler Bags. Please check the manufacturer’s information inserts for your specific medication.
Colour Black, Blue, Red